Sunday, February 25

Lou Hei - on 人日

Fei smsed me Happy Birthday on Saturday morning. And blur me... happily replied:"Hey you got it wrong, it's not my birthday!". Silly me forgot it was 人日. And I was hit back by a sms:"Everyone's bd la! Ren ri, stupid! Hee..."


Oh god, what a good friend I have...

Later in the afternoon became was pretty upset while I went on my very last official store visits. I realised, this is the last time I'm going to do this with my DM, but it's better than if there is not even a last chance. What luck, I was driven and accompanied by the merchandising director and my DM. Haha! Nah... I just happened to be around and tagged along.

*DM in the front seat

*Me in the back seat.

*And the MD.Director in the driver seat. Haha! (** I guess its alright to post the pic since you cant really tell his face from the side view)

By end of the day, I was pretty freaked by the thought that its the last working day with my DM. But we'll all move on ya? Everything will be for the better. Check out my present.

*This is the coolest soft toy I ever received! It's a dog character by a Jap artist called Yoshitomo Nara. Haha! Thanks!

And in the evening, I went to a dinner party. There was a cooking competition between 2 grown men. And the food was GOOD! Yes, again I went to eat and eat. It was a tie to me. Everything was good, it was really restaurant standard. We had the fried bee hoon, curry, dim sum (bought one), black pepper crab (GOOD!) and "Buddha Jumps Over the Wall" (GOOD!). How do you compare black pepper crab and "buddha jumps over the wall"? Both are ooh delicious.

And even the lou hei was homemade. Check out the gigantic plate. Guess the traders all really wana make BIG money this year. This is the first time I've seen such a big yu sheng. I guess its around 10cm in height. And, it is topped with so much salmon and abalone, that you cant even see the vegetables below. *Before.

*After - Check out the mess. The white slices on the table are Abalone. And I guess you can see ALOT of salmon on the table! The most popular word of the day is "HUAT AH!!!". Even the foreigners say that. Cool. I also want to huat. Hehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah. i've never saw such a messy aftermath of lou hei. =S
all the best in your new job!

mien said...

Thank you fren! Remember you said i am your kopi kaki.. dun forget =)

cynamie said...

i wanna lou hei too!!

Unknown said...

HUAT AHH!!