Wednesday, May 30
Monday, May 28
My friend sent me a link saying that Dunkin Donuts is back. Was real happy to hear it.
Sunday, May 27
Sarah Jessica Parker launched her clothing line few days back in NYC which will be sold exclusively through Steve Barry’s. Get a sneak peak at her official website: www.bittensjp.com
“Women should be able to wear great clothes and not lie in bed at night feeling guilty about how much money they’ve spent. High quality, luxurious clothes do not need to cost as much as we’ve been led to think.”
Well, SJP is cool. So we should expect nice stuff to come from her. Welcome to the world of celebrity endorsements. Makes fashion sooo exciting.
Have not had Sizzler's for I think... 3 years... Recalled that the last time I had it was with my FYP group in my final year... Time flies!~
* clam chowder with lots of croutons
* my grilled dory main
* ming's baked chicken with cheese main.
* fruits and ice-cream for dessert. Guess which one is my ice-cream. =P
Saturday, May 26
Had dinner at Siam Kitchen. There was no queue at all, so I was wishing that the food won't be too bad. But it turned out to be alright. There was a a-la-carte buffet at $19.90 per head. Which wasn't a bad deal if you really could eat.
Many tables were having that, but I think it would be grossly over-eating. me and cynamie were already big eaters, and we thought that 3 bowls were filling. how do you force yourself to eat a tableful of food!
* we shared green curry, seafood tom yum, and chicken wings. Erm, the chicken wings were so tiny looking. it looked like pigeon wings. And we realised that, they split the wing into 2, so that
Had dessert with great company. Had not seen my ex-colleagues from my temp job days for years. Though it was a short encounter as I turned up late.. was glad to make it.
* ex-ODT frenz!
** see the yummy dessert pix at cynamie's post. we shared 2 cakes and an exotic tea brew.http://cynamie.blogspot.com/2007/05/bells-of-freedom.html
Thursday, May 24
Wednesday, May 23
Not that I'm having one. Was surfing the net when I noticed this article. It's about 1 mth old already. But as my birthday nears... it kinds freaks me out. I guess most of my friends are around this age. Do you relate to this syndrome?
On the wrong side of 25 and hating it By Sandra Leong - Apr 23, 2007 The Straits Times http://justwomen.asiaone.com.sg/aboutme/columns/20070423_001.html
Had lunch at Island Cafe today. Oh yes, I am kinda ulu. It's my first time there after so many years. And its with a friend whom I'm not that close to yet, so no pix! It's very nice actually, though price is abit steep. We had the special set of the day - nasi lemak/ fish slice bee hoon. 2 main courses with drink and dessert at $19.90. The nasi lemak had ikan billies, nuts, achar, eggs and veges. Dessert - sago with coconut cream and brown sugar (I like!) Nice ambience too.
Monday, May 21
It's a great feeling when you have helped someone, without even trying too hard. Thought I have done something good today - its a good feeling to be able to do that.
Anyway, see the latest Ai-chan photos!
Sunday, May 20
I saw this comic in Sunday Times today. Thought it was kinda cute. And applicable to mind conditioning training - albeit in a cute way.
* I think you may not be able to see. The title of the book is "Unleash Your Mind Power". I kinda like it. Cute comic strip.
Had a great evening. Great company. We went for KTV at the guild house. And I din realise, KTV on Sun evening is considered off-peak. only $15 for 2 hours!
And then we had dinner at some famous shop selling turtle soup at Guillemard Road.
I forgot to check out the name of the shop. Had many celebrity photos on the wall though.
Actually, I did not dare to have the turtle soup. Not after I knew how they were killed.
* Whole turtle was prepared for this soup (which I did not take).
* Sambal Kang Kong with Octopus.
* Crocodile meat and fins. Alright, I tried the fins. But its... not my kind of food. The fin is like chewy and sticky. Abit like a cross between sea cucumber and octopus.
And the other dishes without pictures. Thai style fried fish, chicken wings, and black chicken herbal soup. Now I feel heaty.
Attending my uni fren'z wedding on Saturday. It was such a sweet event, as the bride was beaming ear to ear. No usual scenario of the harassed bride or teary stuff. What a great event!
The church wedding.
* my dear fren marching down the aisle.
* Looking at the compilation of pictures.
* me and yanshi at dinner. Have not received the group photos from her yet...
Friday, May 18
It's been a long time since I had so much vegetables. Fiona being the most thoughtful person, noticed the need for me to have more, so she ordered 2 vege dishes. Yummy lunch from kopitiam.
Thursday, May 17
I went to the Isetan Private Sale today. And bought nothing! It is such a great achievement, I am so very proud of myself. Guess I have got rid of my compulsive shopping habit for now. By leaving the retail industry.
Had dinner at Pasta de Waraku at Central yesterday.
It is very nice!! Took a good 10 min to decide what to eat. Please go if you have not.
* Salad that comes along with the pasta.
* see my oyster and bacon cabonara with an egg yolk on top. Yummy!
* me and medha.
Tuesday, May 15
Today was the best.
* pls do not misunderstand that I have not been working. I eat 3 meals a day like all of you. Just that the volume is more. Ya, serve me right for putting on weight. =(
Saturday, May 12
Was invited to the annual DnD - Achiever's Night at Swissotel Stamford yesterday evening by our manager. Sad that his wife din make it though. It would be fun if she was around too. Ithink there were some 100 tables in the ballroom.
* The menu. 8 course dinner, that seems to feel like a 10-course.
* A toy that makes alot of noise. I want my SLK to be in this shade of pink. Lolz. * Cold dish. Satay was the best. * Consequently, we were served individual portions. Thats why it in a mini portion... * and I missed taking pictures for most other dishes... There were people I do not know at the table. So its kinda embarrassing to keep shooting pix. * and my mentor on the stage. ..
* close-up of the trophy.
* RTA... (part of the team only).
Thanks to Keith for lending me the dress for the night. Thank god, I did not have to buy, and it is impossible to clash with another girl in that dress. Plus its such a gorgeous dress! Love it...
Oh, and to Ming, who helped me to do the 36 buttons. It took quite awhile to wear the dress!
Joined Noel and her project mates for dinner at Waraku. The food is very much authentic, and affordable. * Noel's seafood kaminabe...
* My dinner: cream cheese and hotate udon. It's nice, but I regretted my choice. Boring compared to the rest.
* Michelle had Ebi tempura with soba. I forgot the name of the dish though.
* and our dessert. Nothing special ice cream. Main course is better.