Sunday, July 15

谢谢您, 杨老师。

With the recent demise of our beloved ex-conductor of PAYCO, Mr Yeo Puay Hian, on the 11th of July 2007, it brought to me many thoughts of the past. Of how fast time had flew past since we joined the orchestra.

I went back searching, for the pictures of the many years of memories we had in the past.

And, I am very upset that some of the cds that contain the pictures are damaged. And I could not find a single program booklet that I had particpated in the past. Guess I threw them away accidentally. Does anyone has "terracotta warriors" booklet?


* Our beloved instructor, Mr Yeo. Thanks for being so patient with us when we were playful, and lazy to practice. Sometimes, we were even slow to understand the instructions. But you were ever so nice, and called us "小朋友们”. And he never ever got angry with us.

A teacher with a strong passion for the music and arts, and an advocate of the lifelong learning of music. I remembered he once said, "玩音乐的小朋友是不会学坏的”.

* the only remnants I found. Musical Festival in the Forest, where only the kids were involved.

* and the booklet of the very first performance I ever went to for PAYCO before I joined them. Sunday, 17 July 1994, 5pm, Victoria Concert Hall (that is nearly 13 yrs ago).

* Do you all remember this logo? it was 6 years ago when we had the 20th anniversary huge celebration. This was done by Kechong.

* and this would be the last music camp that my batch went to.
* and the only group photo that I could find for now. I miss those days. We complained alot, but thinking back, it was really good fun.

Please always count your blessings, and do not take people for granted. You'll never know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi... I'm a former student of 杨老师... May I borrow this picture for a post about him? Thanks...

and I would like to say "谢谢您, 杨老师。" too...