Thursday, April 5

G5 Boot Camp - JB - The Legends Golf & Country Club

Everything about the place screams kampung. The air, the environment, the rustic feel, the lack of human traffic. Even the flies.

Since this was not a leisure trip, I did not dare to start snapping pix when we arrived. * this is the view from the door step of my "room", which was actually a row of rooms like terrace houses. Down the stairs are more rows of rooms. I spotted a rooster in the distance under a tree. And there are like plantations surrounding the resort. * The tv is right at the entrance of the room. Basically the bed is separated to the outside environment only by the sliding glass door!
* in the middle of the nite, I spotted a cockroach at the bedframe of my roomie. Brave her took up her croc slippers and hit it smack on. Though she is afraid, it was a "ni si wo wang" situation.

* the most exciting part of the place is the shower place. Toilet is divided into half -toilet and shower place. The above you see is mini landscape in the shower place, above-which is exposed to the open.
* Talk about going back to nature. The shower area is right in front of the mini landscape. We wondered how to bathe if there is a heavy rain. One-third of the roof is exposed.
* The exposed roof. Apparently, the training team ever came across squirrels and monkeys popping by. Luckily, we did not come across one.


At the end of the day, I'm really glad that I made it to the camp. And that I made it to my team. Now back home, its time to digest all the concepts and learning ideas from the camp, and take in those that are applicable. The 3 days really made a difference, and finally, I could admit and face my obstacles. The truth was hard to swallow, and it was blatant in my face.
Inspired by the truly outstanding people in the trade, and to find out about their overcoming of struggles and obstacles to be where they are now. Nothing comes for free. What is the price that you are willing to pay to succeed?

No comments: