Sunday, January 17

Harris Resort - NY countdown 2009.

A super last min trip - thanks to Aaron & Susan for arranging. Batam is not actually a preferred

vacation location for me. And I had a bad feeling that the resort would be "lok kok" (i.e. run down). I love resorts... but 5 star ones. The one which we are going is called Harris Resort. Call me spoilt.

* ferry trip to batam. Aaron made it a point to choose a really good and clean ferry service.

* aaron and susan upon arrival.
* I was not sure if it was alright to take the immigration point. But it's really small and quiet. Doesn't feel like you crossed the checkpoint.
* on the Harris coach.
* and again...
* no scenery...
* and to my horror. what is THIS freaky colour theme?!

* the lobby smelt of old furniture and super sweet air freshener.

* at the new wing.
* at least the pool is decent.
* luckily for me. the rooms which we were going to stay at was at the new wing!



* though not ideal. It is actually much better than what I expected after seeing the resort exterior. Decent la... just not luxurious.
* nothing much to eat. Ordering our first meal at Batam. Pizza!
* this cat keeps disturbing us. And trying to pounce on the table.
* I think we had carbo/flour overload. But the pizza is quite good.
* my favourite part of the shopping centre. eating at A&W!
* shocking sight - young boy riding bike with adult riding pillion.
* the tree is hideous. But susan made us take a photo there. * and if I didn't remember wrongly. Aaron was the one who insisted they took a picture there.
* nothing much around the shopping area. * aaron wanted a shot of this ship shaped restaurant.
* compulsory new year dinner. priced into the package. sucky food! but expected cuz it's mass cooked.*getai entertainment. semi-pro entertainers. and free for all ktv on the stage.


* I like this seat! keeps the sun away from me. nice!

* and on the way back. Happy to be home!

No comments: