Saturday, April 25

Mark Fairwhale

I was like what is "Mark Fairwhale"? Did I hear whale?!

As it fitted into my schedule, I obliged my friend who invited me and kaypoed my way to the launch of this label new in the market at Illuma. Apparently it's designed by a Chinese National called Mark. Was also curious to take a look at the mall (which my gut feel told me would not be fantastic to confirm if it's true).

Was quite surprised to see the entire atrium cordoned up for the event, with a proper PR company running the show, and a full fashion show outside the store. And the host was Denise Keller plus Daniel Boey was the choreographer for the show and there were some 15 - 20 models. Very surprised! I wasn't expecting anything more than just a small shop opening and boy, the company must have pretty deep pockets. Caught a glimpse of the ad in today's Urban - they had a full page ad.

Just as I was feeling quite bored at the event, I met 3 ex-colleagues and was pretty happy to catch up for a short while.

Though we were offered 35% off the merchandise, there wasn't anything that I wanted to get for my dad or ming.

The price point is also surprisingly high. Some of the pricing I saw - $69 for a polo t, $109 for a long sleeved polo t, $99 for jeans, $59 short sleeved shirt etc...

Let's hope my friend will have some good results from the new labels they brought in.




* ps. and the mall really is as I imagined.

No comments: